Final Evaluation Study, February 2012
BKP Development evaluated the EU’s trade defence instruments (TDI) as practiced over the period 2005 to 2010. The evaluation covered:
- a description of current practice in the field of trade defence instruments;
- an economic analysis of the arguments for trade defence instruments and their application in the international legal and economic context;
- a review of the relevant regulations in the light of administrative practice, the judgments of the Court of Justice and the recommendations of the World Trade Organisation's Dispute Settlement Body;
- an assessment of EU policy and practice compared to certain trading partners; and
- an evaluation of the performance, methods, use and effectiveness of the current system in achieving its objectives.